Senior strategic development executive
Successfully designing and implementing growth initiatives and organizational structures for companies in multiple industries, from promising startups through Fortune 50 corporations.
I utilize the best practices in listening, problem solving and strategic planning to provide clients a balanced approach for addressing the quantitative and qualitative aspects of businesses. This helps synthesize and cross-pollenate best practices from companies of different sizes and industries. My clients are small to mid-sized companies seeking transformational change by leveraging new technology or processes to solve a problem with significant financial, environmental or social impact. Having experiences across a number of industries, I'm able to leverage effective, but not readily apparent solutions from one industry to another.
- Developed and Implemented a Market Entry and Sales Support program for a $60M division of a Global P&C Insurer that led the division to triple the book of business.
- Secured letters enabling over $750K of Phase I and Phase II NSF funding for a biomaterials startup.
- Grew $25M after-market P&L in excess of 10% per quarter while increasing quarterly margins by over 10%.
- Led M&A analysis, due diligence and integration on 2 new $25M lines of automated manufacturing equipment.
- Sold and led a clicks-n-mortar initiative for the largest consumer electronics retailer.
- Designed and implemented a multi-million-dollar strategic alliance with a Fortune 100 software company.
- Coordinated a strategic alliance development with credit card provider for a Fortune 50 financial services firm.
- Re-designed the sales process for a Fortune 100 P&C insurance company.
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, MBA Finance & Strategy
- US Naval Academy, BS General Science
- Golden Gate University, Adjunct MBA Professor of Negotiations
- Civicorps, President of the Board of Directors
- Bunker Labs, National Board Member
- Lean Startup Co., Teaching Faculty
- VETCON, Partner